Follow our Shipping tutorial and tips to ensure your closet receives a high rating and gain repeat customers!
What you need to Know – Before you List
- All sellers are responsible for packaging their items and shipping them.
- When you are listing your garment, be competitive with your pricing. Research the marketplace to see the price points of similar items to determine an appropriate budget. If you wish to charge for shipping, simply enter the determined shipping price in the fields provided or if you wish to offer free shipping, you can do so by leaving the price at zero. Input the country and price, with cost or zero to all locations that you are happy to sell to. For example, if you are only happy to ship in Ireland, just input a cost for Ireland. If you wish for it to be available in the UK also, enter a price for the UK. (REMEMBER to incorporate our Service Charge of 12.9% into your pricing strategy, See FAQs for more)
- Shipping prices are determined by the size, weight and distance the package has to travel.
- When you list a garment, you will need to estimate the shipping. Below is a rough guide to estimated registered shipping costs broken down by item if shipping domestically;
Bags £8-13 or €10-15
Dresses £5-8 or €7-12
Coats £8-13 or €10-15
Jeans £6-10 or €7-12
Jewellery £5-6 or €7-10
Shoes £10-12 or €12-14
Tops £5-8 or €7-10
If you have an item that has particularly heavy material or you are unsure how to price, some couriers allow you to get a quick no obligation quote, which you can check before you list your garment. Check out our list of supported couriers for links to their sites. A guide for prices by weight, 1Kg is the same weight as a standard bag of sugar.
- In addition to entering your shipping price, you must add a processing time. This is the length of time required between an order being received and when it is shipped. Add a length of time you believe it will take you to process the order, package and bring for shipping. Orders that are not processed within the specified processing time will be cancelled immediately so be sure to be realistic with the time provided and complete the order in app prior to the processing time expiry.
What you need to Know – After you receive an order
- To package your item, place the garment in a box or shipping envelope. These are freely available at office supply or packaging sites and stores or at your local post office. Save some time and money and bulk buy, the faster you can ship the better!
- To make sure your item or garment arrives in its best condition, pack your items using bubble wrap, newspaper and/or tissue. Again, all these materials can be easily found at packaging or office supply sites or stores.
- Before you finish your packaging, why not boost the customer experience and include a personal touch such as a small complimentary gift, a hand written thank you note or your business card to show your appreciation to the buyer, ask them to rate and follow your closet and encourage repeat purchasing.
- Bring your item with the correct buyer address to the nearest post office or supported courier. Complete this within your listed processing time, and ship. See list of supported couriers in your add listing screen. You must use registered or tracked post to receive a tracking reference and complete the sale in app. *See our FAQs for information on Registered and Tracked Post
- As soon as you have received the tracking reference, click on the pending order and enter your shipping reference number. Our system will detect the courier provider and send the shipping information to the buyer so they can track their purchase through to delivery. If there is a delay with the courier registering the reference number, you can manually select your courier and as soon as the information is updated in the system, tracking will be available for your buyer.
1. Ensure to check you have recorded the buyer address correctly on the package before shipping and retain your proof of postage on all sales. Why not keep a Dressup folder for quick and easy filing and future locating!
2. Again, ensure you ship and enter your tracking number before the processing time lapses to avoid the order being cancelled and payment refunded to the buyer. See more information on Processing Time in our FAQs!
3. Payment is transferred to the seller's Stripe account once an order is 'Accepted', it is then transferred automatically to the registered bank account within 7 days of accepting the order. (Similar to Paypal) Learn more in our FAQs.